Ely Archers raffle raises £200 for Sutton Scout Group - it was their late chairman’s nominated charity for 2020
Members of the Ely Archers raised £200 for Sutton Scout Group by holding their annual fundraising raffle.
Every November Ely Archers hold their annual Portsmouth archery competition, which sees archers attend from several counties.
Every year the club also holds a prize raffle with funds being raised for a chosen charity.
Sutton Scout Group were proposed as the nominated charity by the late Ely Archer Club chairman Steve Johnson, who died last October.
Last Friday, several beavers, cubs, scouts and scout leaders joined Ely Archers for a have-a-go archery session, before being presented with the cheque.
You may also want to watch:
These funds will be put towards the group's ongoing fundraising for a new venue.
Ely Archery Club was formed in 2004 by two local archers, and membership grew steadily from there - they now have around 40 members.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Visit www.elyarchers.org.uk for more information about the club.