Ely Apple Festival returns for 16th year next weekend
- Credit: Archant
Crowds in their thousands are expected to flock to Ely next weekend to mark the 16th annual Apple Festival.
There will be competitions, woodturning demonstrations, storytelling and activities running throughout the day including the ever-popular longest apple peeling competition, apple and spoon races, and an apple shy.
Folk music and Morris dancing will also be on offer throughout the day
The festival, which is organised by East Cambs District Council and was founded by Watergull Orchards, includes an apple market where people can buy crafts, cakes and all other fruity goods.
People can also have their garden apples identified by East of England Apples and Orchard Project.
You may also want to watch:
The festival takes place on Saturday 15 from 10am to 4pm.
Entry is free.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools