Ely and District Parkinson’s Support Group visit gardening guru Richard Ayers
- Credit: Archant
Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group was given the insight of one of the county’s top gardeners when they visited his home and gardens recently.
The group were given a tour of the gardens of former head gardener of Anglesey Abbey, Richard Ayers, on July 19.
Mr Ayers off his colourful plants and flowers and also answered a host of horticultural questions.
After the tour, which was held in glorious sunny weather, Mr Ayers sat down with the group for tea and cake, and was later presented with a donation from Jenny Lowles which will go towards the Church Funds.
The support group meets on the third Tuesday of every month at the Bell Holt Community Centre in Ely. It is to take a break in August, but will return on Tuesday September 20.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call Jenny Lowles on 01353 861674 or Brian Hayes on 01353 860102.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'