Ron Moore hangs up his bowls shoes after 30 years as secretary of Ely and District Bowls League
- Credit: JAN LOWE
The secretary of the Ely and District Bowls League has hung up his bowls shoes after 30 years with the group.
Ron Moore received a presentation at the league’s annual general meeting at the City of Ely Bowls Club on Friday, January 11.
On behalf of the 21 clubs involved, chairman Bob Cole said Ron had “carried out his responsibilities over the years”.
Mr Cole said: “Ron carried out his responsibilities firmly with diligence and fairness to the benefit of all who played in the league.”
Although Ron has given up the role as secretary after 30 years at the league, a spokesman has confirmed he will continue as treasurer.
You may also want to watch:
Ron will be superseded by Jan Lowe, of the evening division, who is sharing duties with Eric Hobbs of the afternoon division.
Jan said: “Ron will continue as treasurer after giving up secretaryship, thus maintaining contact.”
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache