Don’t miss Ely Amateur Dramatic Society’s performance of Sailor Beware! at The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Fancy a good comedy to blow away those winter blues? The Ely Amateur Dramatic Society’s (Ely ADS) next production will do that.
Ely ADS – who have been putting on show since 1888 – bring Sailor Beware! to life at The Maltings next week.
The roaring comedy, set in the 1950s, is about a young sailor trying to curb the tyrannical ways of his prospective mother-in-law.
The group perform from Thursday 7 to Saturday 9 March at 7.30pm each night.
Tickets, which cost £12 per person, are available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/elyamateurdramaticsociety or Burrow’s Bookshop on 01353 669759.
You may also want to watch:
For group bookings of 10 or more the cost is £11 per ticket.
The production is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French Ltd.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
The society, who have been putting on shows for 130 years, aim to produce three performances every year from a mix of different genres.