Magical night by Ely school boy will raise funds for mental health awareness and cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
A night of magic, music, food and laughter is coming to Ely thanks to a charity magic show hosted by an Ely school boy.
Alfie McCreadie, with support from his mentors in the local magic community, are staging the show this weekend in aid of ReThink Mental Illness and Cancer Research UK. He has already raised £1,200.
Alfie’s mum Hannah McCreadie said: “Alfie has a passion for magic and a big heart. This is not the first time Alfie has given of himself to benefit charitable organisations, but it is becoming a part of his unique character and nature.
“Deciding he wanted to do something to help develop awareness of mental health and battle one of the biggest killers in the UK, of his own accord Alfie asked his family and local magicians for support to provide this charity event.”
Alfie is joined by Wayne Goodman, Sammy ‘Magic’ Magic and JezO.
Audiences are warned there will be some content using adult language.
The evening begins with a sit down meal and music followed by a night of magic.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
Sammy Magic Magic is among Cambridgeshire’s most loved entertainers. He performs with puppets in shows full of comedy and laughter,
Sammy has been an entertainer, clown and trickster for more than a decade, performing all over the UK, Europe, East Asia and America.
Sammy was one of the first to light the touch paper on Alfie’s enthusiasm for magic with his magical master classes during the school holidays.
Wayne Goodman is a magician who uses comedy and interaction to leave audiences speechless and amazed.
Wayne travels across the UK and Europe performing at corporate events and weddings.
Wayne has taken Alfie under his magical wing and helps keep the fire burning on Alfie’s desire to learn and improve as a young magician.
He helps Alfie work on his passion of card magic and close up.
JezO is the original inspiration for Alfie’s enthusiasm for magic.
JezO entertained at one of Alfie’s birthday parties and since then the youngster insisted his family attend every event possible where JezO was performing.
Known for his diversity of being able to entertain children to adults, JezO is from a magical family.
• Tickets for the charity magic show on Saturday March 24 are £20 for adults and £15 for under 16s from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim on 07810 806 149.