New recruits welcomed into Air Cadets family
- Credit: Ely Squadron Royal Air Force
New recruits have been welcomed into the Air Training Corps family at 1094 Ely Squadron.
24 out of 28 junior cadets of Tutor Flight were enrolled after completing phase one of their basic training.
The cadets were registered by the Squadron padre, Reverend Alan Jesson with Ely Squadron’s commanding officer flight lieutenant, J Donoghue RAFAC and Mr David Martin, the chair of the Ely branch of the Royal British Legion.
A spokesperson for Ely Squadron said: “We plan to enrol the remaining four new recruits this week as they were absent due to school commitments.”
“We have over 30 other potential recruits on our waiting list ready to join.
You may also want to watch:
"The only thing stopping the Squadron expanding further are the Covid-19 restrictions on indoor social distancing.
“Welcome to The Corps and the start of many adventures.”
To find out more about becoming an Air Cadet or a Cadet Forces adult volunteer, visit the website.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound