Ely air cadet wins Cambridge apprenticeship
- Credit: Archant
Ely air cadet Saoirse McNeil has landed an apprenticeship with Marshalls paint and body repair centre in Cambridge.
The 16-year-old attended an apprenticeship open day with other cadets from across the country back in February.
The day was organised by The Cadet Apprenticeship Company who seek to promote the advantages of employing a cadet for large companies looking to take on and train young people.
Following a presentation on the advantages of cadets taking on apprenticeships, the cadets from all over Central and East England had the opportunity to speak to the companies present and weigh up their options.
Saoirse started learning while she is earning with Marshalls Motor Group on Monday (November 5).
You may also want to watch:
As well as invaluable on the job training with industry leading experts she will also attend college each week.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash