Ely actress to star in new TV soap opera
- Credit: Archant
An up-and-coming actress from Ely is set to make her television debut in a new soap opera which launches tomorrow (Tuesday).
Jessika Ransome, 20, stars as Naomi in Good Girls Club, a drama which follows a group of youngsters who decide to create a magazine, radio station, social network and political party to tackle the issues facing girls worldwide.
The series will premiere on Showcase, a channel available to Sky viewers on 192, and it is also available on Freesat channel 402.
The programme has its own website and social network where viewers can discuss the show and issues that may affect them.
Jessika beat 1,500 applicants to land the role, her first television appearance, and said she hoped the series would bring “a bit of Girl Power” back to TV screens.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “From domestic violence, to equal pay no subject is left untouched. The girls create their own club and recruit thousands of members to empower girls about what they can achieve and more.”
Good Girls Club will run every Tuesday on Showcase from 7pm.
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed