Ely waste management company Ellgia secure long-term contract with British Sugar
- Credit: Archant
A waste management company based in Ely has secured a national contract to supply their services to British Sugar.
The long-term contract will see Ellgia working with British Sugar at their six major sites in Peterborough, Wissington, Bury St Edmunds, Cantley, Newark and Bardney.
Bosses say that they will deliver ‘efficient, measurable, cost effective and environmentally friendly solutions’.
British Sugar will benefit from Ellgia’s innovative recycling and waste to energy processes while working towards their target of zero non-hazardous waste to landfill.
Joe Hemsley-Rudd, Ellgia’s sales and marketing director, said: “Ellgia is delighted to be entering into this exciting new partnership with one of the leading UK’s brands in British Sugar. This partnership is a powerful endorsement of the Ellgia brand to showcase our ability to deliver our first class and industry leading complete service.”
You may also want to watch:
British Sugar is the leading producer of sugar for the British and Irish food and beverage markets, processing around eight million tonnes of sugar beet and producing up to 1.4 million tonnes of sugar each year.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station