Waste company in Ely aim to raise thousands of pounds for charity over the next year
- Credit: Archant
A waste and recycling company in Ely has partnered with Macmillan Cancer Support in a bid to raise £12,000 over the next 12 months.
Ellgia say they are pleased to be working with Macmillan again after last year’s BMW Berlin Marathon achievements.
Managing director Steve Crook and technical director Cameron Murdoch took on the challenge to complete the Berlin Marathon on September 24 2017.
They completed the course and raised more than £5000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
This year, a calendar of events will be scheduled to encourage participation from across the whole company.
Mr Crook said: “After the success of last year’s fundraising for the Berlin Marathon, we are delighted to team up with Macmillan again and announce them as our Charity of the year. The charity to close of many people’s hearts and we hope to make an even bigger difference this year.”
Michelle Hutchinson, fundraising manager at Macmillan, said: “Nearly 84 people every week in Cambridgeshire hear the overwhelming news that they have cancer and currently Macmillan cannot be there for everyone.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
“We are delighted to be working with Ellgia in Ely, as with their help we can reach more people and raise more money to support people affected by cancer.”