Ely’s Ellgia named as Independent Operator of the Year
- Credit: Archant
An Ely based waste management company is celebrating after being named Independent Operator of the Year.
Ellgia won the award at the MRW National Recycling Awards on June 28, held at The Hilton on Park Lane.
The award recognises exceptional customer service, market innovation, growth and high performance.
Ellgia was able to “demonstrate improvement of resource management and show practical awareness of its role in driving resource management up the waste hierarchy”.
The judges said: “Our winner shows innovative ideas, a great holistic approach, good focus on maximising resource value, and gain very positive customer feedback.”
You may also want to watch:
Jack Lavington, operations director said: “We have enjoyed remarkable growth at Ellgia since our establishment in 2012. That growth has bought opportunities to develop our business and allowed us to evolve our processing capabilities, infrastructure and the services we provide to our customers. “The independent operator of the year award is a wonderful achievement and recognises that we have continued to drive value, invest in our business, develop new ideas and above all keep, customers at the front of all our decisions.
“I am proud to be part of this team and look forward to what we can achieve in the future.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
The MRW National Recycling Awards 2018 brings together more than 500 recycling and waste management professionals to recognise and celebrate best practice and innovation in recycling and waste management.