Ely’s Ellgia named as Independent Operator of the Year
- Credit: Archant
An Ely based waste management company is celebrating after being named Independent Operator of the Year.
Ellgia won the award at the MRW National Recycling Awards on June 28, held at The Hilton on Park Lane.
The award recognises exceptional customer service, market innovation, growth and high performance.
Ellgia was able to “demonstrate improvement of resource management and show practical awareness of its role in driving resource management up the waste hierarchy”.
The judges said: “Our winner shows innovative ideas, a great holistic approach, good focus on maximising resource value, and gain very positive customer feedback.”
You may also want to watch:
Jack Lavington, operations director said: “We have enjoyed remarkable growth at Ellgia since our establishment in 2012. That growth has bought opportunities to develop our business and allowed us to evolve our processing capabilities, infrastructure and the services we provide to our customers. “The independent operator of the year award is a wonderful achievement and recognises that we have continued to drive value, invest in our business, develop new ideas and above all keep, customers at the front of all our decisions.
“I am proud to be part of this team and look forward to what we can achieve in the future.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The MRW National Recycling Awards 2018 brings together more than 500 recycling and waste management professionals to recognise and celebrate best practice and innovation in recycling and waste management.