Electronic tag for bank cash thief
STEALING hundreds of pounds in cash landed Littleport man Adrian Powell with a three-month suspended prison sentence this week, and an electronic tagging order keeping him indoors for 12 hours a day. Powell was re-sentenced for three offences of theft by
STEALING hundreds of pounds in cash landed Littleport man Adrian Powell with a three-month suspended prison sentence this week, and an electronic tagging order keeping him indoors for 12 hours a day.
Powell was re-sentenced for three offences of theft by Ely magistrates on Thursday - because he had "chosen to ignore" the community sentence he was given last September.
Originally, 32-year-old Powell was given a supervision order, with a drug rehabilitation requirement to help him kick a drugs habit.
But on Thursday Powell admitted he had failed to comply with the order, missing appointments on November 10 and 17.
You may also want to watch:
"You got a community order and chose to ignore it," he was told by presiding magistrate Harvey Harrison at Ely courthouse.
Powell had stolen £200 from the Royal Bank of Scotland on April 17, and stolen sums of £200 and £250 on April 22.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Solicitor Graham Russell said Powell, of Willow Court, had managed to keep four appointments with probation, and had recently received voluntary treatment for his drug addiction.
Powell must stay indoors between 6pm and 6am every day for the next six months, and will be supervised by probation during the 12 months of the suspended sentence.