Electrical pole catches fire in Swaffham Bulbeck

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040

- Credit: Archant

An equipment malfunction caused an electrical pole to catch fire in Swaffham Bulbeck on Sunday.

At 8.39pm, a crew from Burwell was called to a fire involving an electricity pole in Park End.

The UK Power Network attended to isolate the electricity and firefighters used hose reels to put the fire out and protect surrounding crops. The crew returned to station by 11.20pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental, by equipment.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter