Electrical pole catches fire in Swaffham Bulbeck

PUBLISHED: 12:36 14 July 2015

Archant

An equipment malfunction caused an electrical pole to catch fire in Swaffham Bulbeck on Sunday.

At 8.39pm, a crew from Burwell was called to a fire involving an electricity pole in Park End.

The UK Power Network attended to isolate the electricity and firefighters used hose reels to put the fire out and protect surrounding crops. The crew returned to station by 11.20pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental, by equipment.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ely Standard

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists