Electrical equipment blamed for bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
A house was destroyed in a fire believed to have been caused by electrical equipment.
Firefighters from Sutton, Littleport, Ely, Chatteris and Manea were called to a bungalow fire in Straight Drove, Coveney, at about 3am, on Saturday.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A bungalow, measuring 20m by 10m and with a timber frame, was alight when crews arrived.
“Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels, two jets, and a light portable pump to get water from nearby open water source, to extinguish the fire by 4.53am.”
No one was living in the property at the time of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, by electrical equipment.
Station commander, Paul Clarke said: “This was an extremely fierce fire and when crews arrived it had taken hold of the property.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
“Crews did their best to tackle the fire but in this case the property could not be saved. The damage that has been caused is very severe and the property is not habitable.”