Elderly woman rescued after bathroom fall
A WOMAN in her 80s had to be rescued after falling and becoming trapped in the bathroom.
Paramedics arrived at the house in Ely at around 6.15pm on Saturday (May 19) to discover the woman had suffered injuries to her upper leg.
They called for assistance from the Magpas Helimedix Air Ambulance to help get her out of the house and escort her to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
A Magpas spokesman said: “She was in a lot of pain and trapped in the bathroom.
“As soon as the Magpas team arrived, they assessed the patient and sedated her, to ease the discomfort in her leg.
You may also want to watch:
“The Helimedix then worked alongside the ambulance crews to get her out of the house, before accompanying her to Addenbrooke’s in a land ambulance.”
Her condition was described as stable on arrival.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
Magpas doctor Ali Tompkins added: “We wish this woman a speedy recovery.”