Elderly woman rescued after bathroom fall
A WOMAN in her 80s had to be rescued after falling and becoming trapped in the bathroom.
Paramedics arrived at the house in Ely at around 6.15pm on Saturday (May 19) to discover the woman had suffered injuries to her upper leg.
They called for assistance from the Magpas Helimedix Air Ambulance to help get her out of the house and escort her to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
A Magpas spokesman said: “She was in a lot of pain and trapped in the bathroom.
“As soon as the Magpas team arrived, they assessed the patient and sedated her, to ease the discomfort in her leg.
You may also want to watch:
“The Helimedix then worked alongside the ambulance crews to get her out of the house, before accompanying her to Addenbrooke’s in a land ambulance.”
Her condition was described as stable on arrival.
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos
- 10 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
Magpas doctor Ali Tompkins added: “We wish this woman a speedy recovery.”