Elbow to perform at Thetford Forest this summer
- Credit: Archant
Alternative rockers Elbow are the latest act to announce a performance in Thetford Forest this summer.
The four-piece band will be playing at High Lodge on Thursday, June 29 as part of the Forest Live concert series.
Elbow’s rise over the past two decades has seen them become an important fixture of the contemporary British music scene.
Since their 2001 debut album Asleep At The Back, their stature has grown with subsequent releases such as Cast of Thousands, Leaders Of The Free World, The Seldom Seen Kid and 2014’s The Take Off And Landing Of Everything, which debuted at the top of the UK charts.
Front man Guy Garvey’s story-telling lyrics have been honed to establish a passionate fan base and critical acclaim on their musical journey, including two Ivor Novellos and a BRIT award for Best British Band.
Renowned for the intimacy of their live shows, stand-out gigs include Glastonbury Festival’s sunset slot with a trio of sets on the Pyramid Stage; taking part in the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games performing their classic track One Day Like This; and recreating their Mercury Prize winning album, The Seldom Seen Kid, with the BBC Concert Orchestra from the world famous Abbey Road Studio One.
Elbow’s seventh studio album, Little Fictions, will be released on February 3.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Organised by the Forestry Commission, Forest Live has been bringing music and forests to new audiences for 16 years, raising money to protect, improve and expand England’s forests and woodlands.
Two acts have already announced dates at Thetford Forest in this summer’s concert series – modern British pop darling Olly Murs, and Never Gonna Give You Up artist Rick Astley, who will be supported by singer-songwriter Rumer.
Confirmation of Elbow’s appearance means there is only one headliner left to be announced for this summer’s series at High Lodge.
Tickets for Elbow’s show are £41.50 (plus £4.65 booking fee) and will be available from 9am on Friday, January 20 from the Forestry Commission box office – call 03000 680400, or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
Thetford Forest 2017 concert series headliners
Elbow – Thursday, June 29
Olly Murs – Friday, June 30
Rick Astley (with special guest Rumer) – Saturday, July 1