Force’s burglary day of action sees eight arrests for burglary, robbery and theft
- Credit: Archant
Eight people have been arrested on suspicion of burglary, robbery, theft and blackmail across Cambridgeshire.
It followed a day of action by police in a bid to make homes made safer through the work of the crime prevention teams.
In Cottenham a 25-year-old was arrested in Long Drove on suspicion of burglary. He has since been released under investigation.
The event, which took place yesterday (November 26), was a day of action for all teams to give residents knowledge and tools to protect their homes and property.
November was chosen as the month for the campaign day as there is often a spike in burglary offences.
You may also want to watch:
In November 2017 there were 273 burglaries across the county which was a 17 per cent rise on the monthly average for that year
In November last year there were 194 burglaries across the county which was a 1 per cent rise on the monthly average for that year.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
DCI Dan Middleton said: "Burglary is a priority area for the force and we will not become complacent in our efforts. We remain focussed on preventing burglaries and bringing perpetrators to justice."
Anyone with information about burglary should call police on 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report
- Arrested a 51-year-old man in Ashcroft Court, Cambridge, on suspicion of burglary. He has since been charged with burglary and is due at court early next year.
- Arrested a 36-year-old man in Duck Lane, St Neots, on suspicion of robbery, fraud, blackmail and theft. He has since been charged with theft and is due at court next month, while investigations continue for the robbery, fraud and blackmail offences.
- Arrested a 41-year-old man in Jack Warren Green, Cambridge, on suspicion of burglary. He has since been released under investigation while inquiries continue.
- Arrested a 27-year-old man at a unit in Barnwell Business Park in Cambridge on suspicion of theft. He has since been released under investigations while inquiries continue.
- Arrested a 41-year-old man in Trumpington Road, Cambridge, on suspicion of theft, burglary and breaching a court order. He is due to appear at court today.
- Arrested two men, aged 35 and 46, in Willow Walk and Maids Causeway on suspicion of burglary. They have both been charged and are set to appear in court in January next year.