Edwina Currie supports hubby's charity angling
EX-Tory MP Edwina Currie popped into Ely on Sunday to support her husband s fund-raising venture and found time to stop for coffee. Her husband John Jones took part in the Marie Curie Cancer Care s Predator Cup fishing match. Mr Jones, who is a keen fis
EX-Tory MP Edwina Currie popped into Ely on Sunday to support her husband's fund-raising venture and found time to stop for coffee.
Her husband John Jones took part in the Marie Curie Cancer Care's Predator Cup fishing match.
Mr Jones, who is a keen fisherman, donned his waders to fish for pike and zander along a stretch of the Great Ouse between Ely and Littleport. Winners were then presented with trophies by Mrs Currie.
But Mrs Currie obviously caught a chill at the event and nipped down the road to Annie's Sandwich Bar for a coffee.
You may also want to watch:
The former MP will be heading off round Eastern Europe next summer when she takes part in the Bike the Baltic 2008 event to raise funds for the charity. She also offered advice to supporters at Ely Beet Club on Lynn Road about training, fitness and fund-raising.
INFO: For more information on Bike the Baltic, call Karen Chesney, local fund-raising manager for Marie Curie Care on 01223 416405 or log on to www.mariecurie.org.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse