College’s open evening features teacher in Sinclair C5
- Credit: Twitter / Dave Bausor
Prospective students attending an open evening at a secondary school in Ely were greeted by a staff member cruising around in a Sinclair C5.
Students around the Ely College site saw Dave Bausor, a lead practitioner for design and technology at the school touring around different subject areas in the vehicle.
The Sinclair C5 is described as ‘a small one-person battery electric recumbent tricycle which was the culmination of Sir Clive Sinclair’s long-running interest in electric vehicles.’
“The students found my grand tours hilarious; I managed to shoot past most subjects,” said Dave.
“I almost ran the principal, Simon Warburton over too!
You may also want to watch:
“I logged my trips on Strava of course.”
Richard Spencer, Executive Principal took to Twitter asking whether “anyone else’s open evening featured a Sinclair C5?”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
There’s not been any responses yet!