Principal says staff and students ‘responded superbly’
- Credit: Ely College
Ely College principal Simon Warburton says students and staff “responded superbly” to the challenges of the past two years.
Mr Warburton said: “I am immensely proud of our students and staff who have responded superbly to the challenges of the last two years.”
He was speaking following the release of GCSE and BTEC exams.
“The results reflect the hard work, commitment and determination our students have displayed during their five years at Ely,” he said.
“We should all be very proud of their achievements.
The principal added: “I also want to say a huge thank you to our amazing staff.
“They have continued to guide and inspire our students during this challenging time despite having to cope with the anxieties that a global pandemic presents to them and their families.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 7 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
“The successes of our college, the experiences that we value, would not have been possible without their constant support and dedication.”