Eco log cabins plan by Soham man get the thumbs down from East Cambs Council
- Credit: Archant
A man who wanted to build two eco log cabins opposite 139 The Butts, Soham, has been told by planners the location is not sustainable.
Robert Negus was told by East Cambridgeshire District Council there were far more sustainable sites around that were better served by public transport to avoid people using their car.
The council was also critical of the fact that no noise assessment had been produced by Mr Negus. Council officials said they had asked for a noise assessment but one had not been forthcoming.
The council is concerned to address any likely impact of the cabins being built so near to a rail way line and what affect that might have on occupiers.
Planning manager Rebecca Saunt said the application also failed to meet any of the special circumstances that might have made it an exception to policies.
You may also want to watch:
Soham Town Council looked over the plans and added their objection, arguing that Mr Negus had not provided sufficient information regarding access.
“It is not clear what the cabins will be used for,” they added.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools