East of England Ambulance Trust crew praised for helping after collision - and Ely family drop back in to say thank you very much indeed
- Credit: Archant
A young girl and her family praised the work of the ambulance staff that treated them after they were involved in a collision in September.
Lucy Grossman, 9, from Ely, and her family were travelling on the A14 near Hemingford when the collision occurred.
Staff from the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) arrived shortly after in the form of paramedic Nathan Latimer and emergency medical technician Kelly Thompson to provide high quality care for everyone injured.
The family required medical treatment with Lucy the most seriously injured. She was treated for a facial injury and slight shock but has since made a full recovery.
Lucy’s mum Jenny Grossman praised the work of both Nathan and Kelly.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The crews were fantastic on the day, it was a really scary time for us but they did everything in their power to keep us calm whilst making sure Lucy was okay.”
Last Sunday Lucy and her family were reunited with Nathan and Kelly under much happier circumstances at Huntingdon ambulance station. They were given a tour of the station and the ambulances and were also taught some basic life support skills.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Lucy, who wants to be a doctor when she is older, thoroughly enjoyed the visit.
Jenny said: “Lucy has been going on non-stop about this visit, we’ve just got back from a holiday but she was more interested in coming to the station.”