East of England Ambulance Trust crew praised for helping after collision - and Ely family drop back in to say thank you very much indeed
- Credit: Archant
A young girl and her family praised the work of the ambulance staff that treated them after they were involved in a collision in September.
Lucy Grossman, 9, from Ely, and her family were travelling on the A14 near Hemingford when the collision occurred.
Staff from the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) arrived shortly after in the form of paramedic Nathan Latimer and emergency medical technician Kelly Thompson to provide high quality care for everyone injured.
The family required medical treatment with Lucy the most seriously injured. She was treated for a facial injury and slight shock but has since made a full recovery.
Lucy’s mum Jenny Grossman praised the work of both Nathan and Kelly.
She said: “The crews were fantastic on the day, it was a really scary time for us but they did everything in their power to keep us calm whilst making sure Lucy was okay.”
Last Sunday Lucy and her family were reunited with Nathan and Kelly under much happier circumstances at Huntingdon ambulance station. They were given a tour of the station and the ambulances and were also taught some basic life support skills.
- 1 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 2 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 3 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 4 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 5 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 6 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Alisa, 17, on how refillable candle business went viral in just five months
- 10 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
Lucy, who wants to be a doctor when she is older, thoroughly enjoyed the visit.
Jenny said: “Lucy has been going on non-stop about this visit, we’ve just got back from a holiday but she was more interested in coming to the station.”