East Cambs awarded with white ribbon accreditation
- Credit: Archant
A White Ribbon status has been awarded to East Cambridgeshire District Council from the national charity in recognition of their work on challenging violence against women.
White Ribbon, whose mission is to end male violence against women, work with men and boys to challenge male cultures that lead to harassment and abuse.
They invite men and women to take the White Ribbon pledge and become an ambassador or a champion.
East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) has shown their support by producing a dedicated action plan, including a domestic abuse policy for all staff employed by the council.
Neighbourhood support officer, Shona McKenzie, who has been leading the campaign, said: “Every organisation in the UK should get on board and support White Ribbon.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a fantastic campaign which recognises the elephant in the room that is domestic abuse. By having our accreditation, the council is taking even more steps to keep women safe from abuse and educating men and boys across the district.”
Upon receiving the accreditation, White Ribbon said of ECDC: “They have clearly undertaken a big commitment in engaging with the campaign and have completed a significant amount of work – with more actions to come in the future.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
At present ECDC is one of 86 organisations to have pledged to back White Ribbon UK.
For more information on domestic violence in the district visit: https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/crime/domestic-violence