East Cambs awarded with white ribbon accreditation
- Credit: Archant
A White Ribbon status has been awarded to East Cambridgeshire District Council from the national charity in recognition of their work on challenging violence against women.
White Ribbon, whose mission is to end male violence against women, work with men and boys to challenge male cultures that lead to harassment and abuse.
They invite men and women to take the White Ribbon pledge and become an ambassador or a champion.
East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) has shown their support by producing a dedicated action plan, including a domestic abuse policy for all staff employed by the council.
Neighbourhood support officer, Shona McKenzie, who has been leading the campaign, said: “Every organisation in the UK should get on board and support White Ribbon.
“It is a fantastic campaign which recognises the elephant in the room that is domestic abuse. By having our accreditation, the council is taking even more steps to keep women safe from abuse and educating men and boys across the district.”
Upon receiving the accreditation, White Ribbon said of ECDC: “They have clearly undertaken a big commitment in engaging with the campaign and have completed a significant amount of work – with more actions to come in the future.”
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
At present ECDC is one of 86 organisations to have pledged to back White Ribbon UK.
For more information on domestic violence in the district visit: https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/crime/domestic-violence