King’s Ely school teacher scoops international award after ‘promoting internet and digital safety among pupils, parents and staff’
- Credit: Archant
A “dedicated” East Cambridgeshire teacher has won an international award in recognition of this work towards promoting internet safety among pupils, parents and staff.
Dan Everest, head of computing and digital innovation at King’s Ely Junior, scooped the ‘Digital Leaders Star Teacher Award’ at the Childnet Digital Leaders East of England event last month.
Childnet is an international organisation which works in partnership with schools and businesses to “help make the internet a safer place for children”.
Danielle Antha, project manager at Childnet International, said: “The Digital Leaders Star Teacher Award is not something we have ever done before, but we thought Dan warranted it!
“He has shown continued enthusiasm and engagement in the Childnet Digital Leaders Programme since King’s Ely’s first year of subscription and his passion for the subject is evident.
You may also want to watch:
“Dan shows true care and pride for his students, and often tells us about the fantastic and creative activities they are running to help both young people and parents.
“We at Childnet International wanted to show our appreciation for all he is doing in this area – he’s a great example of some of the fantastic teachers we have running the programme in their respective schools.”
For more information about internet and digital safety, visit: www.childnet.com
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely