East Cambs rotary clubs celebrate closer ties
- Credit: Archant
MEMBERS from all four of East Cambridgeshire’s Rotary clubs met in Little Downham this week to celebrate a year of closer partnership.
Members of Ely, Ely Hereward, Littleport and Soham Staploe Rotary clubs led by their presidents, have been working together to help in their communities and fundraise for local charities.
Events including Aquafest, the Ely Christmas street collection and Soham’s Beer Festival were all boosted by members from neighbouring clubs lending a hand.
On Friday, members and their partners from all four clubs met for a fellowship dinner at the Anchor, in Little Downham.
Eric Grant from Ely Rotary, said: “This social event allowed club members to meet their opposites from the other clubs as well as creating an excellent and friendly atmosphere and the light hearted quiz added to the buzz in the room.
You may also want to watch:
“No Rotary event is complete without a raffle and the proceeds were donated to Waterwings, the St Johns boat, that provides day trips for the disabled and able bodied.”
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack