East Cambs residents invited to have their say on councillors pay.
RESIDENTS in East Cambridgeshire are being asked to give their views on district councillors’ pay, and have until the end of the month to put forward their views.
With a councillors’s basic allowance standing at just over �4,000, an independent panel is set to investigate whether members of East Cambridgeshire District Council are fairly paid for their time.
Some councillors receive additional allowances for extra responsibilities, including chairing committees, and an independent panel wants to discover whether pay scales are acting as a barrier to people standing for election.
Mr Raith Overhill, chairman of the Independent Remuneration Panel, said: “The Panel in East Cambridgeshire has been asked to investigate whether the current allowance rates for district councillors is suitable and meets the expectations of the role.
“As part of this work, we would like to hear from the public to get their views on how much councillors are currently paid for their work.” The panel is expected to report back early in the new year.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of the consultation and members allowances scheme are available on the Council’s website at www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
To have your views considered, please write to, or email: Mr Raith Overhill, IRP Chairman, c/o East Cambridgeshire District Council, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely, CB7 4EE. E-mail: email@example.com
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road