East Cambs Police Cadets’ bake sale raises almost £100 for family of PC Keith Palmer
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire Police Cadets raised £98.80 by holding a bake sale at Asda in Soham in memory of PC Keith Palmer who died during the Westminster terrorist attack.
“The cadets organised Saturday’s event themselves and did all the baking too,” said a spokesman for the group.
The money will go towards a JustGiving page, which was set up by The Metropolitan Police Federation and has since raised £736,133, “for the family of PC Keith Palmer, the police officer who tragically gave his life on March 22 as he guarded the palace of Westminster from what is believed to have been a terrorist attack.
“Every day, all over London and the rest of the UK, police officers risk their lives to protect and defend us.
“In the wake of this tragedy our thoughts are with Keith’s family and all the people who are injured or lost their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation