East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- Credit: Andrea Piacquadio/Pexels
East Cambridgeshire has been officially named the home of the noisiest neighbours, with thousands of complaints relating to music, DIY and dogs barking.
A Freedom of Information (FOI) request by Bankrate UK revealed the councils across the county that have received the most complaints, with east Cambs winning first place.
The FOI exposed 4,999 complaints to East Cambridgeshire District Council since November 2017, that’s one in 17 residents lodging a grievance.
A spokesperson for Bankrate UK said: “Everybody needs good neighbours… but they don’t always get them.
“And it turns out, the unlikely region of East Cambridgeshire is home to the noisiest neighbours in the country.
“Overall East Cambridgeshire council received the most neighbour complaints per 50,000 people.
“It also came top for complaints about music and DIY noise, and was 10th for noise relating to dogs barking.
You may also want to watch:
“The analysis also revealed neighbours in East Cambridgeshire were the most likely to report a complaint relating to music, with one in 50 residents lodging a grievance between 2017-2020.”
- 1 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
- 2 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 3 Jail for violent man who repeatedly kicked his ex-girlfriend in the face
- 4 Pair praise hundreds in bid to find beloved Ziggy
- 5 East Cambs District Council is freezing council tax for eighth year in a row
- 6 Skydiving dad raises £1,623 for hospital that saved two-year-old daughter's life
- 7 Man who waved machete in front of woman sentenced
- 8 Darts ace achieves his 'dream' after reaching world's elite
- 9 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 10 Music student awarded diploma that few organists achieve while still at school