East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- Credit: Andrea Piacquadio/Pexels
East Cambridgeshire has been officially named the home of the noisiest neighbours, with thousands of complaints relating to music, DIY and dogs barking.
A Freedom of Information (FOI) request by Bankrate UK revealed the councils across the county that have received the most complaints, with east Cambs winning first place.
The FOI exposed 4,999 complaints to East Cambridgeshire District Council since November 2017, that’s one in 17 residents lodging a grievance.
A spokesperson for Bankrate UK said: “Everybody needs good neighbours… but they don’t always get them.
“And it turns out, the unlikely region of East Cambridgeshire is home to the noisiest neighbours in the country.
“Overall East Cambridgeshire council received the most neighbour complaints per 50,000 people.
“It also came top for complaints about music and DIY noise, and was 10th for noise relating to dogs barking.
You may also want to watch:
“The analysis also revealed neighbours in East Cambridgeshire were the most likely to report a complaint relating to music, with one in 50 residents lodging a grievance between 2017-2020.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day