'Be lean, clean and green' is focus of housing company's sustainability policy
- Credit: PALACE GREEN HOMES
‘Be lean, be clean and be green’: those are the three commitments of a sustainability policy published by East Cambs Council’s housing company.
The report by Palace Green Homes highlights their ambition to create sustainable local communities across East Cambridgeshire and helping to reach net zero carbon by 2050.
It states that the company will ‘adopt a bespoke approach to each development but will ensure a fabric first approach to buildings’.
This includes ‘carefully selecting the materials used, maximising what the materials of the building itself can achieve and minimising the need for additional heating and cooling properties’.
The company will also ‘utilise energy efficient fixtures and fittings in every property and use renewable technology susolar panels and car-charging points’.
You may also want to watch:
Palace Green Homes operates under East Cambridgeshire District Council, which declared a climate emergency in October 2019.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze