Hundreds of children get a taste of the future at fourth East Cambs Careers & Skills Fair
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children packed Ely Cathedral on Tuesday as part of the fourth annual East Cambs Careers & Skills Fair.
Schools from all over the district got involved, including pupils from the North Cambridge Academy, Witchford Village College, Soham Village College, Ely College and Kings Ely will be attending.
New for this year was an interactive area focussed on apprenticeships.
Nicki Pritchett, from Ely College, said: “Getting to put names and faces to some of the biggest employers in the district is really helpful and events such as this one help to build really good connections.”
Councillor Lis Every said: “These events provide a great opportunity for both employers and young people to take time out of their normal routine and focus on the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Businesses get to meet potential employees and students are able to explore the many opportunities for employment in the district.”
Rebecca Sussex, from the Skills Service, said: “Skills fairs such as this offer both young people and businesses fantastic opportunities to network and make connections.”
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer