Hundreds of children get a taste of the future at fourth East Cambs Careers & Skills Fair
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of children packed Ely Cathedral on Tuesday as part of the fourth annual East Cambs Careers & Skills Fair.
Schools from all over the district got involved, including pupils from the North Cambridge Academy, Witchford Village College, Soham Village College, Ely College and Kings Ely will be attending.
New for this year was an interactive area focussed on apprenticeships.
Nicki Pritchett, from Ely College, said: “Getting to put names and faces to some of the biggest employers in the district is really helpful and events such as this one help to build really good connections.”
Councillor Lis Every said: “These events provide a great opportunity for both employers and young people to take time out of their normal routine and focus on the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Businesses get to meet potential employees and students are able to explore the many opportunities for employment in the district.”
Rebecca Sussex, from the Skills Service, said: “Skills fairs such as this offer both young people and businesses fantastic opportunities to network and make connections.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire