East Cambridgeshire youngsters enjoy trip to the panto in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Disabled children and families from across East Cambridgeshire were treated to a trip to the panto at The Maltings in Ely by Action for Children.
More than 60 children, staff and volunteers enjoyed the KD Theatre Company production of Jack and the Beanstalk after the charity arranged the fun day out, with sponsorship from Network Rail.
Kendi Morgan, team leader at Action for Children, said: “We were delighted to provide disabled children, young people and their families an opportunity to have fun and enjoy the panto this festive season.
“Everyone had a fantastic time – we’re very grateful to Network Rail for making it all possible.”
The Action for Children Holiday Clubs take disabled children and young people on activities in their local area and work to build their confidence and develop skills and independence.
Find out more about Action for Children services in Cambridgeshire at www.actionforchildren.org.uk
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021