East Cambridgeshire youngsters enjoy trip to the panto in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Disabled children and families from across East Cambridgeshire were treated to a trip to the panto at The Maltings in Ely by Action for Children.
More than 60 children, staff and volunteers enjoyed the KD Theatre Company production of Jack and the Beanstalk after the charity arranged the fun day out, with sponsorship from Network Rail.
Kendi Morgan, team leader at Action for Children, said: “We were delighted to provide disabled children, young people and their families an opportunity to have fun and enjoy the panto this festive season.
“Everyone had a fantastic time – we’re very grateful to Network Rail for making it all possible.”
The Action for Children Holiday Clubs take disabled children and young people on activities in their local area and work to build their confidence and develop skills and independence.
You may also want to watch:
Find out more about Action for Children services in Cambridgeshire at www.actionforchildren.org.uk
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road