East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- Credit: SUSTRANS
Five new bus, cycling and walking routes could be coming to East Cambridgeshire.
East Cambs Council gave the green light to undertake feasibility studies after unanimous approval was granted by the council’s finance and assets committee.
The council will work with the charity Sustrans to complete the studies into the routes identified by the East Cambridgeshire Bus, Cycle, Walk Working Party.
- Fordham – Burwell
You may also want to watch:
- Haddenham – A142
- Little Downham – Ely
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- Littleport – Chettisham – Ely
- Swaffham Prior – Reach – Burwell
Additionally, Sustrans will also provide an update into the construction costs for the remaining works to complete the Wicken to Soham cycle path.
Once completed, the results of the feasibility studies will be reported back to the finance and assets committee.
It is part of the council’s corporate plan for 2021-2023 which was approved at a meeting of full council on July 15.