East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- Credit: SUSTRANS
Five new bus, cycling and walking routes could be coming to East Cambridgeshire.
East Cambs Council gave the green light to undertake feasibility studies after unanimous approval was granted by the council’s finance and assets committee.
The council will work with the charity Sustrans to complete the studies into the routes identified by the East Cambridgeshire Bus, Cycle, Walk Working Party.
- Fordham – Burwell
- Haddenham – A142
- Little Downham – Ely
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- Littleport – Chettisham – Ely
- Swaffham Prior – Reach – Burwell
Additionally, Sustrans will also provide an update into the construction costs for the remaining works to complete the Wicken to Soham cycle path.
Once completed, the results of the feasibility studies will be reported back to the finance and assets committee.
It is part of the council’s corporate plan for 2021-2023 which was approved at a meeting of full council on July 15.