East Cambridgeshire trio receive top awards at police’s Chief Constable’s commendation ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Police officers from East Cambridgeshire and members of the public have been hailed for their service to the community in a special awards ceremony.
Chief Constable Alec Wood held his commendation ceremony at the police’s headquarters on Thursday (17) and presented awards to recognise and award staff for delivering top service.
East Cambs officers DS John Yore, DC Peter Ware and PC Alistair McKenzie all received judge’s commendations.
Chief Constable Alec Wood said: “The awards are a fantastic display of the professionalism, tenacity, bravery and commitment of our officers, staff and volunteers, as well as a wonderful opportunity to recognise the efforts of members of the public who have gone above and beyond to save lives and help officers.
“I am incredibly proud of all of our colleagues across the force and my thanks and congratulations go to each and every one of the recipients for their dedication to protecting the people of Cambridgeshire.”
You may also want to watch:
Police and Crime Commissioner Jason Ablewhite said: “It is a real honour for me to meet so many outstanding people and highlight the incredible work they do. I would like to extend my congratulations to each and every one of tonight’s recipients. Their achievements are truly humbling and make a huge difference to our communities.”
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College