East Cambridgeshire’s young artists steal the show
- Credit: Archant
Young artists from schools across East Cambridgeshire saw their work on display in Ely this week.
As part of Ely Hereward Rotary Club’s fourth art exhibition, dozens of youngsters aged from 4 to 18 were invited to submit their work for display in the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside.
The works were on display for a week and there were plenty of prizes on offer for the best and most original works.
In all, 130 young artists submitted work, with more than 800 people coming through the doors to enjoy the exhibition.
President of Ely Hereward Rotary Club, Christine Gascoigne, said the event was “a great success” and thanked shops and businesses which had supported the exhibition.
The exhibition was run in conjunction with Arts Development East Cambridgeshire and Tindalls.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 10 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council