East Cambridgeshire’s young artists steal the show
- Credit: Archant
Young artists from schools across East Cambridgeshire saw their work on display in Ely this week.
As part of Ely Hereward Rotary Club’s fourth art exhibition, dozens of youngsters aged from 4 to 18 were invited to submit their work for display in the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside.
The works were on display for a week and there were plenty of prizes on offer for the best and most original works.
In all, 130 young artists submitted work, with more than 800 people coming through the doors to enjoy the exhibition.
President of Ely Hereward Rotary Club, Christine Gascoigne, said the event was “a great success” and thanked shops and businesses which had supported the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition was run in conjunction with Arts Development East Cambridgeshire and Tindalls.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air