East Cambridgeshire’s young artists steal the show
- Credit: Archant
Young artists from schools across East Cambridgeshire saw their work on display in Ely this week.
As part of Ely Hereward Rotary Club’s fourth art exhibition, dozens of youngsters aged from 4 to 18 were invited to submit their work for display in the Babylon Gallery, in Waterside.
The works were on display for a week and there were plenty of prizes on offer for the best and most original works.
In all, 130 young artists submitted work, with more than 800 people coming through the doors to enjoy the exhibition.
President of Ely Hereward Rotary Club, Christine Gascoigne, said the event was “a great success” and thanked shops and businesses which had supported the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition was run in conjunction with Arts Development East Cambridgeshire and Tindalls.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.