East Cambridgeshire MPs In Clear Over Expenses
TWO of Cambridgeshire MPs, James Paice and Malcolm Moss, will not be asked to repay any of their expense claims following a comprehensive review by Sir Thomas Legg. The review, which looked at the claims of all 645 members of parliament over the last fi
TWO of Cambridgeshire' MPs, James Paice and Malcolm Moss, will not be asked to repay any of their expense claims following a comprehensive review by Sir Thomas Legg.
The review, which looked at the claims of all 645 members of parliament over the last five years, was conducted in the wake of the expenses scandal which engulfed the House of Commons earlier this year.
Spokesmen for both Mr Paice, MP for South-East Cambridgeshire, and Mr Moss, MP for North-East Cambridgeshire, confirmed to the Ely Standard, that neither of the respective MPs would have to pay back any of their claims, although Mr Paice has been asked to submit details of his mortgage interest claims.
He told the Ely Standard, "Along with most other MPs I have received a letter from Sir Thomas Legg who has been examining the claims of MPs over the last five years. He has simply asked to see copies of my annual mortgage interest statements which I am happy to provide. He states that he sees no cause for action on any other matter. I shall not therefore be required to pay any money back.
"Obviously I am pleased that his investigation has shown that I have behaved properly regarding my expenses which has always been my intention
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks