Fire crews called to house fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a house in East Cambridgeshire started in a first-floor bedroom.
Crews were called to Second Drove in Little Downham at 10:23pm on Saturday September 25.
On arrival, they found a fire in a first-floor bedroom.
Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet and returned to their stations by 1:30am.
Crews from Littleport, Chatteris and Cambridge attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was accidental.
Earlier on that day (September 25), a crew from Chatteris were called to an accidental fire on Stimpson Street in Sutton.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Firefighters arrived at 1:57pm to find a shed on fire and extinguished it using hose reels.
They returned to their station by 3:45pm.