Fire crews called to house fire
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a house in East Cambridgeshire started in a first-floor bedroom.
Crews were called to Second Drove in Little Downham at 10:23pm on Saturday September 25.
On arrival, they found a fire in a first-floor bedroom.
Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using hose reels and a jet and returned to their stations by 1:30am.
Crews from Littleport, Chatteris and Cambridge attended the incident.
The fire was accidental.
Earlier on that day (September 25), a crew from Chatteris were called to an accidental fire on Stimpson Street in Sutton.
- 1 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 7 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 8 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Three officers commended for 2021 Boat Race policing
Firefighters arrived at 1:57pm to find a shed on fire and extinguished it using hose reels.
They returned to their station by 3:45pm.