East Cambridgeshire District council elections 2015: Meet the candidates for Isleham
- Credit: Archant
There are three candidates battling it out to fill the one seat up for grabs in Isleham.
Derrick Beckett (Ind)
Mr Beckett has lived in Isleham all of his life, as did his parents and grandparents.
He attended Isleham Primary School and Soham Grammar School.
His working life has been spent as a farmer in Isleham as well as a part time lorry driver. He is am married to Pat and the couple have six children and 10 grandchildren, some as far away as Australia.
You may also want to watch:
His work for the parish consists of 20 years as a parish councillor, eight of those as chairman, latterly this has been involved with the building of the new community centre, children’s playground, skate park and MUGA.
In his 12 years as a district councillor, he has remained independent and, if elected, will work for the benefit of the people of Isleham and to improve their standard of living.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Val Bray (Lib Dem)
Declined to have a biography
Oliver Hill (Lab)
Mr Hill is 21, he studied at King’s School Ely, and is now a social policy student at the London School of Economics. He has interned at the Howard League for Penal Reform.