East Cambridgeshire Dementia Action Alliance will offer help and advice at Ely Market this week
- Credit: Archant
The East Cambridgeshire Dementia Action Alliance will be at Ely Market on Thursday (May 19) to share their ideas and plans with local businesses and people.
A Dementia Action Alliance is a group of businesses who are passionate about raising awareness of dementia in the local area, said co-ordinator for Cambridgeshire Hilary Shepherd.
“We share a passion to implement small changes that could make a big difference in the lives of people with dementia,” she added.
“This could include delivering a free 45 minute dementia friends information session to staff, or encouraging a member of staff to become a dementia friends champion.”
Alzheimer’s Society will also be present to talk about dementia, what businesses in Ely are doing, and how Ely could become a more dementia friendly community.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about East Cambridgeshire Dementia Action Alliance, email email@example.com
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation