Children’s charity seeks recruits at Ely and Soham shops ahead of summer trading
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity is recruiting new personnel at their Ely and Soham branches this summer.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shops are looking to supplement their teams of staff and volunteers ready for summer trading.
Recruits are required to complete all sorts of tasks, from steaming clothes to dressing windows and operating tills.
Gilly Platell, manager of the Ely branch, said: "Summer's a time when we really struggle to get volunteers and we'd love to have new faces join our teams.
"Even if you can only spare a few hours a week, you can make a big difference."
Karen Galley and Jackie Fuller are among current volunteers at the Soham shop.
Karen said: "After my illness, volunteering helps me get motivated and socialise with people."
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Jackie added: "After retiring from the retail industry I still enjoy working with the variety of different people you meet."
The EACH shop in Whittlesey is also looking for new volunteers.
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across the region whilst supporting their families, needing to raise £4.9 million in income from its shops every year.
To find out more about volunteering at EACH in Ely, Soham or Whittlesey, drop by either shop for a chat, email email@example.com or call 01223 205183.