Children’s charity seeks recruits at Ely and Soham shops ahead of summer trading
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity is recruiting new personnel at their Ely and Soham branches this summer.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shops are looking to supplement their teams of staff and volunteers ready for summer trading.
Recruits are required to complete all sorts of tasks, from steaming clothes to dressing windows and operating tills.
Gilly Platell, manager of the Ely branch, said: "Summer's a time when we really struggle to get volunteers and we'd love to have new faces join our teams.
"Even if you can only spare a few hours a week, you can make a big difference."
You may also want to watch:
Karen Galley and Jackie Fuller are among current volunteers at the Soham shop.
Karen said: "After my illness, volunteering helps me get motivated and socialise with people."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
Jackie added: "After retiring from the retail industry I still enjoy working with the variety of different people you meet."
The EACH shop in Whittlesey is also looking for new volunteers.
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across the region whilst supporting their families, needing to raise £4.9 million in income from its shops every year.
To find out more about volunteering at EACH in Ely, Soham or Whittlesey, drop by either shop for a chat, email email@example.com or call 01223 205183.