Duo raise over £500 by hitting the road to celebrate 25th anniversary of Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust
- Credit: Archant
Two service users from a rehabilitation centre in Ely raised over £500 by saddling up and hitting the road on a charity bike ride.
Jon and Steve, who attend Fen House on Lynn Road, worked together to organise and take part in the charity bike ride on Wednesday September 21.
Joined by friends, family and Fen House therapists, the duo cycled 25 miles to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust.
They also promoted the event over social media, and used adapted bikes supplied by Milton Country Park in Cambridge as part of their ‘You Can Bike Too’ scheme.
Jon and Steve raised £530, with Steve even making a cake for all the cyclists to share after the big ride.
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards improving the space outside of the rehabilitation gym at Fen house, enabling more therapy to take place outdoors.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools