Duo held following death of pensioner
POLICE have arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder following the death of retired farmer Llywelyn Thomas in Chittering.
The man, from Cambridge, was arrested by police on Tuesday and has remained at Parkside Police Station in the city, where he is being questioned by officers.
On Wednesday, officers confirmed that they had also arrested a 21-year-old woman from the Cambridge area on suspicion of aiding an offender.
The arrests came little more than a week after the body of the 76-year-old, from South Wales, was found at his home on Ely Road in the village.
A post mortem examination revealed he had died from injuries to the head and face.
Officers arrested a 17-year-old in connection with the incident late last week but he was promptly released without charge.
Anyone with information on the incident is advised to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy