Duo held following death of pensioner
POLICE have arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder following the death of retired farmer Llywelyn Thomas in Chittering.
The man, from Cambridge, was arrested by police on Tuesday and has remained at Parkside Police Station in the city, where he is being questioned by officers.
On Wednesday, officers confirmed that they had also arrested a 21-year-old woman from the Cambridge area on suspicion of aiding an offender.
The arrests came little more than a week after the body of the 76-year-old, from South Wales, was found at his home on Ely Road in the village.
A post mortem examination revealed he had died from injuries to the head and face.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a 17-year-old in connection with the incident late last week but he was promptly released without charge.
Anyone with information on the incident is advised to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside