Duo held following death of pensioner
POLICE have arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder following the death of retired farmer Llywelyn Thomas in Chittering.
The man, from Cambridge, was arrested by police on Tuesday and has remained at Parkside Police Station in the city, where he is being questioned by officers.
On Wednesday, officers confirmed that they had also arrested a 21-year-old woman from the Cambridge area on suspicion of aiding an offender.
The arrests came little more than a week after the body of the 76-year-old, from South Wales, was found at his home on Ely Road in the village.
A post mortem examination revealed he had died from injuries to the head and face.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a 17-year-old in connection with the incident late last week but he was promptly released without charge.
Anyone with information on the incident is advised to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections