Duo held following death of pensioner
POLICE have arrested a 22-year-old man on suspicion of murder following the death of retired farmer Llywelyn Thomas in Chittering.
The man, from Cambridge, was arrested by police on Tuesday and has remained at Parkside Police Station in the city, where he is being questioned by officers.
On Wednesday, officers confirmed that they had also arrested a 21-year-old woman from the Cambridge area on suspicion of aiding an offender.
The arrests came little more than a week after the body of the 76-year-old, from South Wales, was found at his home on Ely Road in the village.
A post mortem examination revealed he had died from injuries to the head and face.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a 17-year-old in connection with the incident late last week but he was promptly released without charge.
Anyone with information on the incident is advised to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car