Duo arrested on suspicion of theft after police step up patrols
- Credit: Archant
Police on patrol in Sutton arrested two men on suspicion of theft.
A 20-year-old man from Huntingdon and a 21-year-old man from Mildenhall were arrested in the early hours of June 3.
The two were stopped while travelling in a white van and, after conducting a search, officers discovered a ride-on lawnmower in the back, which they believed had been stolen from a garage in Ely Road, Littleport, the night before.
They men were bailed to return to Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, on July 30.
The duo were stopped in Sutton by officers conducting targeted patrols in relation to a spike in burglary in East Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
In the last month thieves have stolen thousands of pounds worth of bespoke bicycles from a business in Wilburton, and a raft of specialist equipment and tools from vans parked in Soham and Littleport.
Cambridgeshire police is urging anyone who spots suspicious activity in their area to contact officers on 101.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car