Duo arrested on suspicion of diesel theft after vigilant neighbour raises alarm
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested two men on suspicion of theft in Wardy Hill on Friday.
The alarm was raised by a resident of Jerusalem Drove at about 7.30pm after the two men were spotted acting suspiciously.
Police arrived and arrested the pair, aged 29 and 39, on suspicion of stealing diesel and going equipped to steal.
Community safety officer, Sue Loaker, said: “The vehicle used by the offenders has also been seized due it was being used in crime, a great result and a warning to other criminals.
“Please report any suspicious behaviour or vehicles in your area, any vehicles seen with containers or drums stored within could be on the look out to steal fuel.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair have been bailed until May 19.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose