Duo arrested on suspicion of diesel theft after vigilant neighbour raises alarm
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested two men on suspicion of theft in Wardy Hill on Friday.
The alarm was raised by a resident of Jerusalem Drove at about 7.30pm after the two men were spotted acting suspiciously.
Police arrived and arrested the pair, aged 29 and 39, on suspicion of stealing diesel and going equipped to steal.
Community safety officer, Sue Loaker, said: “The vehicle used by the offenders has also been seized due it was being used in crime, a great result and a warning to other criminals.
“Please report any suspicious behaviour or vehicles in your area, any vehicles seen with containers or drums stored within could be on the look out to steal fuel.”
The pair have been bailed until May 19.
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series