Duck race is a fundraising success for the actors at Viva Arts & Community Group
- Credit: Archant
Local actors took a big step towards achieving their dream of appearing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival last weekend – thanks to some rubber ducks.
The Viva Arts & Community Group raised an impressive £825 by hosting a mass duck race at the Brook Dam in Soham.
The money raised will go towards Viva’s trip to the world-renowned festival next month, where they will showcase musical comedy ‘Bakewell Bake Off, ‘Departure Lounge’ and ‘The Dreaming,’ which is also to be performed at the King’s Ely Hayward Theatre from August 3 to 5.
For more information and tickets, visit http://www.viva-group.org.uk/book-tickets.html.
Viva, which is run out of a converted Methodist Chapel in Churchgate Street, Soham, celebrated its 20th birthday earlier this year.
It has put on successful productions of ‘The Sound of Music,’ ‘Pride and Prejudice’ and ‘Abigail’s Party.’
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told