Duck race is a fundraising success for the actors at Viva Arts & Community Group
- Credit: Archant
Local actors took a big step towards achieving their dream of appearing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival last weekend – thanks to some rubber ducks.
The Viva Arts & Community Group raised an impressive £825 by hosting a mass duck race at the Brook Dam in Soham.
The money raised will go towards Viva’s trip to the world-renowned festival next month, where they will showcase musical comedy ‘Bakewell Bake Off, ‘Departure Lounge’ and ‘The Dreaming,’ which is also to be performed at the King’s Ely Hayward Theatre from August 3 to 5.
For more information and tickets, visit http://www.viva-group.org.uk/book-tickets.html.
Viva, which is run out of a converted Methodist Chapel in Churchgate Street, Soham, celebrated its 20th birthday earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
It has put on successful productions of ‘The Sound of Music,’ ‘Pride and Prejudice’ and ‘Abigail’s Party.’
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment