Drunk Driver Had To Be Propped Up Against Her Car After Stumbling
DRINK-driver Sally Watts had to be propped up against her car after she stumbled out of the vehicle, city magistrates were told. Watts speech was slurred, and she gave a breath test reading almost double the legal alcohol limit. Thirty-one-year-old Watts
DRINK-driver Sally Watts had to be propped up against her car after she stumbled out of the vehicle, city magistrates were told.
Watts' speech was slurred, and she gave a breath test reading almost double the legal alcohol limit.
Thirty-one-year-old Watts admitted drink-driving in Longchamp Drive, Ely, on January 16, while behind the wheel of a Ford Fiesta.
The quality controller was banned from driving for 17 months, and fined �230 with a �15 surcharge and �85 costs.
You may also want to watch:
Watts had been spotted by a police community support officer, and seemed to panic as she reversed and hit a kerb, explained prosecutor Laura Mardell.
"The officer spoke to her, she smelled of alcohol and her speech was slurred. When she got out of her vehicle, she stumbled, fell against the officer, and had to be propped up."
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
Before the incident, Watts had drunk a couple of glasses of wine with a friend, said solicitor Veronica Candy.
"My client drove there because she never walks at night, because of an attack at night earlier in the year," she explained.
"When the officer says she stumbled, that would be because of her walking impediment.