Drug user’s petty theft was moment of madness’
HEROIN user Wayne Love-ridge was found with £10 worth of the class A drug hidden in a glove, magistrates were told. And the following day he stole £3.42 worth of beer and energy drinks from the Spar shop in Ely in a moment of madness . Loveridge, of Stra
HEROIN user Wayne Love-ridge was found with £10 worth of the class A drug hidden in a glove, magistrates were told.
And the following day he stole £3.42 worth of beer and energy drinks from the Spar shop in Ely "in a moment of madness".
Loveridge, of Straight Furlong, Pymoor, appeared before city magistrates on Thursday, when he admitted possessing the drug and theft.
"He has a problem with heroin, but now has a methadone prescription," solicitor Adam Haselhurst told the court.
"The theft was very petty indeed. He was not stealing to fund his habit, it was an impulsive act."
Loveridge has referred himself to the community drug intervention programme, he added, and is managing his habit well.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
The court gave Loveridge a one-year conditional discharge.
The drugs will be forfeited and destroyed, and Loveridge must pay £3.42 compensation.