Drug dealer to clear his head’
A 17-year-old drug dealer has told magistrates he wants to clear his head out and get work . The teenager, who failed at school because of his heavy drug use, was found inside a car in Ely with bags of cannabis, a set of scales and a debt sheet.
A 17-year-old drug dealer has told magistrates he wants to "clear his head out and get work".
The teenager, who failed at school because of his heavy drug use, was found inside a car in Ely with bags of cannabis, a set of scales and a debt sheet.
And when they searched his bedroom, police found another debt sheet with the word "weed" at the top of it, the city's youth court heard on Thursday.
The car driver had met the teenager so a friend could buy drugs from him, and there was various drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle, said prosecutor Nick Davies.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager admitted possessing Class C cannabis on February 14, with intent to supply it.
The youth explained he had bought four bags of cannabis from a dealer. He was planning to smoke three and sell one.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Man found dead in March
"The vast bulk of the cannabis was for his own consumption," said solicitor Claire Bennett. "A small amount was for a friend. The scales were to make sure he was not short changed."
Miss Bennett added: "He accepts he is smoking too much cannabis. He didn't get on well at school because of his heavy use of cannabis."
The youngster was given a 12-month referral order.