Drug dealer found with heroin and cocaine worth about £1,000 jailed for three years
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer found with heroin and cocaine worth about £1,000 has been jailed for three years.
Police officers carried out a search of Miroslav Gazo’s home in St Martin’s Street, Millfield, Peterborough, on the evening of March 15 last year.
They had raided a house opposite just before and found Gazo with a class A drug on him.
The further search of the house where Gazo lived found drugs with an estimated street value of just under £1000 in a room used by him.
Gazo, 21, was arrested and made no comment in police interview. He was charged with four counts of possession with intent to supply a class A drug: two for heroin and two cocaine.
Yesterday (January 12), he pleaded guilty to the charges at Peterborough Crown Court and was sentenced to three years in prison on all counts, to run concurrently.
The judge ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs, associated equipment seized from Gazo’s hone and his phone.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 4 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 7 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 8 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 10 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
PC Jemma Finch, who investigated, said: “It was clear from the amount of drugs found in the room, which was only used by Gazo, that he was dealing drugs.
“This case and the sentencing yesterday show how seriously we treat this type of crime. Dealing class A drugs will land you with a significant jail sentence.”